Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sequilia

Lake Tahoe, California
It's official: I love California. Over the weekend in LA I was puzzling over what to do this week with a rental car, cheap fuel and unlimited mileage. The obvious answer is "drive a lot!" but the question was where - do I go to Las Vegas? The Grand Canyon? Hoover Dam? Mammoth Mountain? Well, I've ended up driving through the Sierra Nevada mountains in eastern California. Since leaving LA on Monday, I made it to Sequoia and King's Canyon national parks on Monday and Tuesday, Yosemite on Tuesday afternoon and now Lake Tahoe, further north in the same range. The scenery is (and I don't use this word very often) AWESOME.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Quite literally actually - when coupled with some hymns on the stereo. What an amazing God we serve, who we can worship by combining engineering (sweet car, twisty roads) with creation (mountains, forests, lakes, fields, birds). Several times on my journey up I actually broke out in a huge grin; one such time was during this verse:

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all!

Tomorrow I hope to go skiing around Lake Tahoe - the season ends this week - and then on Friday return to San Francisco the long way round, and then spend the weekend with Aimee and Lauren at Stanford, who I met in Poland last year.

No comments: