Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Great CD

I recently received a CD that I'd ordered from the States called "Songs for the Cross-centered Life" produced by Sovereign Grace Music, and I'd like to plug it enormously. It's a selection of music based on CJ Mahaney's book "The Cross-centered Life". Of the 15 tracks on it, I'd only heard of one (Before the Throne) before I went to Canada. Attending a Sovereign Grace church does broaden one's horizons though, so I wanted some Bible-centred music to add to my collection. Of all the songs on the CD, I like "I will Glory in my Redeemer" and "I come by the Blood" the most.

"I will glory in my redeemer
My life he bought, my love he owns
I have no longings for another,
I'm satisfied in him alone..."

"I come by the blood,
I come by the cross,
Where your mercy flows from hands pierced for me
My every hope rests on what Christ has done..."

My only caveat to this recommendation is the music itself - I find it a little wishy-washy (the same could not be said of the lyrics!) but hey, nothing wrong with a little variety in music. Buy it!

PS: the picture has nothing to do with the post. I just thought I'd make it look pretty - it's Strasbourg, in France. Posted by Picasa

No comments: